The Edinburgh Cake Ladies have been going to It’s Good 2 Give’s charity afternoon teas at the Caledonian Hotel for the last few years.
There isn’t going to be a spring/summer 2012 one, but we’ve been given the first refusal on the tickets for the winter one on 2nd December 2012 (we think it’s too early to use the C word) by which time the Caley will have been rebranded the Waldorf Astoria.
These afternoon teas are really something else with pre-event shopping with some of Edinburgh’s top retailers (percentage of sales goes to the charity), wonderful live music and a choir as you eat you cakes and drink some champers (or just tea).
The ticket price is £25 per person, which includes a full afternoon tea and a glass of champagne.
Lynne McNicoll who is the founder of It’s Good 2 Give does amazing work that really does make a difference to the lives of young people affected by cancer in Edinburgh. You can read more about Lynne here.
We want to lighten her admin load a little by selling the December afternoon tea tickets on her behalf.
If you wish to purchase a ticket (or tickets), please follow these instructions (sorry for the rules, but it will make our lives easier).
1. Email us on edinburghcakeladies (at) gmail.com with your request for a ticket. If you wish to buy more than one, you MUST declare it at this stage. You should write the names of the people that you wish to attend.
i.e Alison Cake & Victoria Smith (2) – £50 total.
By doing it this way, we will guarantee you sit with the people you buy tickets with. If you are just buying a ticket for yourself, you will be seated with other lovely Edinburgh Cake Ladies.
You may only bring one ‘non’ cake friend, i.e someone not already involved in the club.
2. In return, you will be given the bank account details of where to send your payment to.
3. Make the payment to this bank account CLEARLY SPECIFYING YOUR NAME so it can be linked to your ticket(s). Failure to do this causes administration headaches trying to tie the payment to the person who applied. Your payment will be immediately returned if there is no name attached.
4. If your payment is not received within 5 working days of applying, we will not continue with your ticket request.
5. Once your payment has been received, you will receive an email saying that you have been successful in transferring money. At this stage, your ticket(s) are guaranteed.
6. Tickets will be issued on a first come first served basis.
7. Sorry for all the rules, but understandably if 50 people apply for tickets and 20% of them make an error, that’s a lot of paperwork (emails etc) in chasing people up.
8. We are aware this event is still a long time away, but it always sells out by end of May and better to have the money in the charity’s bank account gaining interest etc.
9. If you subsequently can’t make it, then you can either nominate a friend to go in your place, or we will try to find someone via our social media channels.
If this is not possible, then the money will be classed as a ‘donation’ to the charity. Tickets are non-refundable.
10. The start time of the event will be confirmed closer to the time, but should be around 1pm (pre-event shopping) and 2/2.30pm for the afternoon tea. The table plan will also be issued at this time.
This afternoon tea event will go ahead whatever the weather. In 2010, we managed to get there through the horrific snow and rocked up in our wellies. After all, nothing should get in the way of cake.
What are you waiting for? Email us now with your ticket requests!